Based in Amersfoort, Netherlands
16th of July 2015
In Luckslinger, luck is measurable, collectable and usable whenever you please. On one half it’s inspired by the unrealistically fast gunslingers, the dark gritty humor and the greed driven anti-heroes of the spaghetti western classics. On the other half it’s inspired by vinyl digging, graffiti spraying, rhyming and the slow drums and jazzy samples of hip hop culture and sound. Do you feel lucky? – Kill bandits, steal their luck and use it for your own good. The more luck you have the more chance you have that, enemy bullets might miss, you get saved from a bad jump or better loot is dropped in front of your feet. However, when you don’t have much luck in your lucky bracelet, bridges might collapse, rocks might come loose and outlaws might find a way to get a jump on you. These are just a few examples of how luck affects your quest for fortune. Clovercreek and the crazy outlaws – The town of Clovercreek has been robbed blind. Six infamous criminals stole the town’s precious luck charms and it’s up to you to bring them back. Get paid the golden price while doing so, because bounty hunters don’t do charity work. Duck friend till the end – At all times you are accompanied by your companion Duckbridge. He returns your throwing knife, grabs extra health and distracts your enemies… but only when his tiny little duck brain tells him to do so.
Luckslinger started out as a prototype that we released on Newgrounds, because we wanted to try out this 'luck mechanic' we decided to make a prototype and put it on newgrounds and see what people would think of it. After putting the demo up on newgrounds we got pretty hyped, because most feedback was quite positive and the game's core was pretty good. Because we had planned to go fulltime into duckbridge, we started working fulltime on the game. After three months we showed the game off at the 'Hell o' Bullets' and got a lot of really positive and cool feedback. From there on we figured that we had quite a solid base and that we kind of had an idea of how difficult the game would/could be. At this moment we're working on finishing the rest of the game, the bosses and other stuff!
- Levels with different themes, unique elements and diverse bosses
- Music to pleasure your eardrums that fits the hip hoppy western atmosphere of the game
- Shooting and reload mechanic that will keep you on your toes
- Intense gun and throwing knife gameplay
- Collect gold to unlock different endings
- Special items that give the combat more flavor
- One-on-one pistol quick-draw duels
- Bonus hip-hop tracks by various artists
- A duck companion, which might help you in your time of need!
- Test your poker skills against the sheriff
- Risk blowing your head off in game (friendly) game of Russian roulette
- Converse with the nice townsfolk of Clovercreek
- Try to outdrink the local drunken bum
- Battle the sleeping cowboy of Clovercreek
- Make some nice beats in the underground recordstores
Release trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indiecade Selection 2015" Got selected by indiecade to showcase at E3
- "Prototype was Featured on newgrounds.com" Featured the week of releasing on newgrounds com
- "Prototype got daily 3nd Place on newgrounds.com" Daily 3nd Place on September 13, 2014
- "The way Luckslinger takes it on feels unique: luck is a resource to be managed and it affects the world in obvious ways."
- Darren Nakamura, destructoid.com
- "I was taken back to my time playing cult classics like Jet Set Radio"
- Andrew Moore, pixeldynamo.com/
- "Charming, weird, inventive, surprising and most importantly fun, Luckslinger is a joy to play from start to finish."
- AlphaBetaGamer, alphabetagamer.com/
- "You know, after taking a look at hundreds of Kickstarter pages it can be pretty difficult to surprise me – but Luckslinger did exactly that in its very first line."
- Cliqist, cliqist.com/
- "For those who love hip-hop and good beats, this will be more than you will expect. Luckslinger manages to fuse a fantastic soundtrack with gameplay that’s absolutely a blast. It takes the core principles of an action platformer and adds a distinct flavour to them."
- Softpedia, htttp://games.softpedia.com/
- "After combing through over a hundred titles over the past few days, I have found one that definitely piques my interest. Luckslinger, a 2-D action platformer by Duckbridge."
- Loadthegame, loadthegame.com/
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
We are Duckbridge, a small full-time indie game developer based in Holland which was found by two guys who met in a game of League of Legends and later found out that they also loved making videogames! We have recently released Luckslinger on Steam! Check it out here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/358810
More information on Duckbridge, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Design & Artist
Game programmer & web developer
Rik van Ravenswaaij