Luckslinger is a hip-hop infused spaghetti western action platformer where luck affects the world around you. In Luckslinger, luck is a collectable resource that can make the player lucky or unlucky, which affects the game world and gameplay. For example, when the player is lucky enough, enemy bullets can be deflected, or your trusty duck companion will grab some health for you. However, when you’re unlucky, bridges might collapse or rocks might fall on your head.
Luckslinger started out as a prototype that we released on Newgrounds, because we wanted to try out this ‘luck mechanic’ we decided to make a prototype and put it on newgrounds and see what people would think of it. After putting the demo up on newgrounds we got pretty hyped, because most feedback was quite positive and the game’s core was pretty good. Because we had planned to go fulltime into duckbridge, we started working fulltime on the game. After three months we showed the game off at the ‘Hell o’ Bullets’ and got a lot of really positive and cool feedback. From there on we figured that we had quite a solid base and that we kind of had an idea of how difficult the game would/could be. At this moment we’re working on finishing the rest of the game, the bosses and other stuff!
- Levels with different themes, unique elements and diverse bosses
- Music to pleasure your eardrums that fits the hip hoppy western atmosphere of the game
- Shooting and reload mechanic that will keep you on your toes
- Intense gun and throwing knife gameplay
- Collect gold to unlock different endings
- Special items that give the combat more flavor
- One-on-one pistol quick-draw duels
- Bonus hip-hop tracks by various artists
- A duck companion, which might help you in your time of need!
- Test your poker skills against some of the townsfolk
- Risk blowing your head off in game (friendly) game of Russian roulette
- Converse with the nice townsfolk of Clovercreek
- Fun Local Multiplayer mode(s), which will be added when the stretch goal is reached
If you want to try out Luckslinger, you can check the demo’s here:
Luckslinger is released on Steam!
Luckslinger is released on Steam and available here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/358810
- “You know, after taking a look at hundreds of Kickstarter pages it can be pretty difficult to surprise me – but Luckslinger did exactly that in its very first line.“, Cliqist
- “the actual luck system makes a key difference and elevates Luckslinger miles above other side-scrolling action platformers.“, Softpedia
- “Luckslinger is a hardcore platformer with tight and addicting gameplay, and has a theme and style that, while great-looking, never takes itself too seriously.”, IndieRuckus
- “After combing through over a hundred titles over the past few days, I have found one that definitely piques my interest. Luckslinger, a 2-D action platformer by Duckbridge.“, Loadthegame
- “I was taken back to my time playing cult classics like Jet Set Radio”, PixelDynamo
- “Overall, I was deeply impressed with Luckslinger. This game, while aggravatingly difficult at times—and let’s face it, what good game isn’t?—is a real gem.”, TechRaptor
- “SWEET LUCKY CHARM” – English, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEbrEpuM0c
- “Gamekult Steam – Luckslinger” – French, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWSXL_8OUA8
- “Luckslinger” – English, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUSer9bs1wM
- “Luckslinger Kickstarter Demo” – English, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LTlpj_jwzs
- “II Semaforo” – Italian, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYZG15aIwkY
- “Luckslinger Gameplay with BdoubleO” – English, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJnjQitN4GU